[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:22:25 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 27.08.2015 um 12:13 schrieb Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de>:
>
> That said it's probably a bit complicated, because there will be some overlapp.

yes, there is clearly overlap, but usually you can go with the auto declaration of the business.

Problem for German speaking people is that even popular web dictionaries give you carpenter as a translation for both, Zimmermann and Schreiner/Tischler (and don't distinguish between Bautischler and Möbeltischler).

IMHO we should make clear descriptions of the main kind of work a business with a given tag should be specialized in, so that we produce useful data. I believe we need 3 or 4 different kind of tags here (2 kind of carpenter like businesses: carpenters and structural wood engineering).

cheers
Martin