[Tagging] highway=footway - Advanced definition: Distinction footway vs path

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:47:28 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 28.08.2015 um 00:12 schrieb Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi>:
>
> I think
> any language ambiguity related to "trail" can be solved with proper
> documentation. And also document sane default access assumptions.

highway=path was documented from the beginning and default access assumptions have been given. It didn't help apparently ;-)
Good luck.

My suggestion is to not assume any access defaults but rather explicitly tag everything, and surface as well. Everything you assume will be questioned and taken from you in a few years ;-) what is there explicitly will likely remain...