[Tagging] highway=footway - Advanced definition: Distinction footway vs path

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:41:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 03:17:17PM -0700, geow wrote:

> I personally prefer to use the universal and compatible "highway=path".
> Along with specific sub-tags for physical and access properties it's the
> Swiss army knife for non motorized traffic.

I don't think Swiss army knifes must be used for everything just because
it might be theoretically possible. While I agree you could use it to open
coconuts and macadamia nuts I wish you much luck doing so!

Also we could use highway=path + surface=paved + lanes=6 + vehicle=yes
and we could do without highway=motorway.

Richard