[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Aug 30 22:51:30 UTC 2015

Here in Nashville, TN, USA, back when the department stores were all
located in the central business district, they indeed tended to be
multistory.  Starting in the 1970s, the downtown department stores either
went out of business or migrated to the suburbs, where land was cheaper,
and one-to-two-story department stores became the norm. In the last decade,
downtown living started becoming stylish again, but none of the large
stores have yet moved downtown.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.