[Tagging] Proposed mechanical edit: surface=woodchip to surface=woodchips

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:11:58 UTC 2015

This is the old "use singular" rule for OSM tags, of which I don't know the
origins and I don't know whether it applies here. In the English language a
"woodchip surface" is made from "woodchips". So one could argue for either
version I suppose.

Anyway:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dplayground refers to
surface=woodchip (singular)
The same for the translated playground pages.

The "surface" wiki pages give "woodchips" (plural) as surface tag value.

This means the wiki needs adjusting as well in addition to any re-tagging.