[Tagging] RFC - tag: office=adoption_agency

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 04:18:39 UTC 2015

On 1/12/2015 12:05 PM, Dominic Coletti wrote:
> I appreciate the feedback and was able to check out the Taginfo. One
> solution I saw was shop=charity. One thing that could be used is
> shop=charity and type=adoption_agency or something similar. The
> problem of the office (or shop) tag describing the whole building
> would be tagging a node on the building, along with nodes representing
> other offices or what have you within the building.
>
> Thanks for all of your feedback.

shop=charity is not what you want! Please read the wiki?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dcharity

It says "selling a mixture of second hand goods, donated by the public.
eg books, clothing, toys, furniture. May also sell some new products, eg
confectionery, crafts."

--------------------------------------
+1 for the intention of the tag.

-------------------------------------
Trivial nit picking - this is not a rejection. Nor a compliant. Unlike
some I would not reject a proposal due to the wording!

"/Definition: A way to tag places where prospective parents can adopt
children"//
/
This should be the definition of what you want to tag...

Better might be: "Definition: A place where prospective parent/s may
adopt a child or children"

And
"/Applies to///

/The proposed tag //office
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:office>=adoption_agency
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:office%3Dadoption_agency&action=edit&redlink=1>//would
be used on either: /

//

  * /nodes (in which case the node should be placed near the middle of
    the building in which the adoption agency is contained)
    /

This assumes that the adoption agency occupies the whole thing. If the
adoption agency only occupies a section of the building?

Better might be: nodes (the node should be placed in the centre of the
area occupied by the adoption agency)

I think an 'adult' cannot be 'adopted' - they are legally independent -
not subject to guardianship by parenting.  Again this is just a note -
for information and consideration by those concerned.