[Tagging] RFC - Level:ref=*

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Dec 1 20:33:02 UTC 2015

Am 30.11.2015 um 10:26 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> <mailto:simon at poole.ch>>:
>
>     I would rather be looking for something that fits in with SIT
>     (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Simple_Indoor_Tagging) better.
>

> I don't see why this doesn't integrate. E.g. your example
> shop=supermarket
> level=0
>
> could have the tags added:
> level:ref=EG
> level:name=Erdgeschoss

In a typical mall (were the non-floor plan variant is most  useful) you
can easily have 20, 30 shops per level.

> This might look unneccessary at first glance (and in many cases it
> is), but there are cases with particular floor numbering and naming
> schemes where it is helpful.
>

>     Since SIT works really well (see OpenLevelUp),
>

> The min_level-idea doesn't work AFAIK in all cases, where storey
> heights of adjacent buildings are different and they are connected by
> a bridge, and more general, it doesn't work where levels aren't simply
> stacked and uniform for the whole part/buidling but are inclined or
> have varying absolute elevations in different rooms (e.g. connected by
> a ramp). The min_level of which building should apply? I still suggest
> to use building_levels for the amount of all levels of that building
> part / building, not the concept of "building_levels=min_level of a
> neighbouring building until first level+amount of building levels of
> the part that is tagged".
>
> Also buildings with varying floor heights are not depictable (AFAIK).

SIT is not intended as a replacement for S3DB which you seem to be
implying and I'm not quite sure why you believe you can't model a
connection between two floors potentially with different numbering
schemes  in two different buildings given that the numbering -is- local
to the building or building:part.

Simon