[Tagging] Swimming pools

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sun Dec 20 02:41:29 UTC 2015

> On Dec 20, 2015, at 1:42 AM, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> A water park is typically a natural area with lakes mainly for wildlife,
> although perhaps boating and maybe, just maybe but very rarely, swimming.
> But not a swimming pool (well, perhaps there are exceptions).

Google Searched “Aquatic Centre”:

The frist 10 pages (250 results?) were all places for swimming. no animals. Places were located all over the English speaking world. including descriptions of foreign places. I stopped looking.

The place where the London Olympics swimming took place was the "400 million dollar 'Aquatic Centre'”

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqjt4p_extreme-engineering-london-olympic-aquatic-centre-1_tech <http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqjt4p_extreme-engineering-london-olympic-aquatic-centre-1_tech>  (a search result)

Usually for a “mixed use” term, Google will put a variety of different results on the first page, but none were anything other than swimming pools for trianing/sports.

It seems to be a commonly used term for what we are looking for.

maybe you thinking of the common term “aquatic Life” - a common term for things that live in water, but a place for aquatic life is commonly known as an “aquarium" or a "marine zoo/park" or a “sea world”.

"Life Aquatic” is a wonderful Wes Anderson movie. But that Didn’t come up either.

Javbw