[Tagging] Swimming pools

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 20:16:41 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 19.12.2015 um 17:42 schrieb ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com>:
>
> although something like sports_centre with
> a sub-tag swimming=yes seems to capture most such places in a natural

the problem I see with this is that many sports centres will have a swimming pool, but just as an additional feature, not several pools/big pools and being the main reason/attraction to go there. (this is also reflected by the names with which they are referred to, in Germany as well as in Italy)

I can see the problems with water park and aquatic centre and agree that for these reasons they likely aren't good choices for main tags for swimming facilities.

cheers
Martin