[Tagging] HOA-required names

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 08:37:15 UTC 2015

The thing is, a sign with a name could be helpful even if it's not
official. Also, in Alaska especially, these names have a habit of becoming
official after they've been in use for a few years.

I dunno - it's your call.
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2015-12-26 at 01:48 -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Are names of private roads required by HOA's noteworthy enough to put
> > into OSM?  I remember passing this once in Fountain, CO and just
> > happened upon it again in the headlines, and made me wonder since it
> > is something that is a well known area landmark.
> >

> http://www.krdo.com/news/a-sign-that-will-make-you-stop-for-another-reason/31126346
>
> It is noteworthy, but it's not an official street name, and it's
> basically just someone's driveway. I'm leaning towards no, but could be
> convinced to change that. Maybe tag the sign location itself as a point
> of interest?
>
> --
> Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com>

Dave Swarthout