[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Aquatics centre

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 23:58:13 UTC 2015

On 29/12/2015 10:25 AM, johnw wrote:

>> On Dec 29, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> sports_centre=ball_sports
>
> Perhaps there needs to be more detail on the field - a field type can
> tell you what can be done - we do that with “tennis courts” or
> “baseball diamond” - but for grass pitches and indoor wooden courts -
> it is almost all endless permutations of what could actually be done
> on them.
>
> Perhaps more detail on the court..  because having sport:1=foo
> sport:2=bar  or sport=foo;bar devolves into endless permutations -
> both in the data and discussions.

Usually the pitches are of different sizes/shapes. So I tag each pitch
.. and each pitch has a separate sport. A tennis court fits inside a
basketball court for instance.

Exceptions;
Basketball and netball courts are almost the same size .. so they
coexist in some places.
Grassed areas may be reconfigured from season to season thus the pitches
move around. I simply pick the one shown on the present imagery, that is
a 'representation' of what is on the ground .. even reconfigured the
number of courts will be about the same even if moved around.