[Tagging] Specifying maxweight, when different weight limits are signed

moltonel moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 21:49:10 UTC 2015

On 30 December 2015 18:58:38 GMT+00:00, Marcos Oliveira <marcosoliveira.2405 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Do you know if this is a legal limit or if being smaller makes the
>weight
>less spread out which can structurally damage the bridge?
>
>If the first then I'd map the highest value, if the latter then the
>smallest one.

I dont think the legal/physical nature of the restriction shouuld influence your tagging (unless you want to use the :physical tag suffix and distinguish the two).

When in doubt, err on the side of caution and tag the most restrictive value. Use the smallest limit for the maxweight tag and add tags like maxweight:hgv for the vehicle-specific limits. See the access tag on the wiki for examples.
--
Vincent Dp