[Tagging] [OSM-talk] If a school is a shelter when a disaster happens...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 07:59:13 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 30.12.2015 um 16:33 schrieb Dongpo Deng <dongpo.deng at gmail.com>:
>
> That is, we cannot simultaneously use amenity = school and amenity = social_facility; social_facility = shelter for a school with shelter functionality.

besides the precise tagging (social facility or emergency), I just want to point out that you can have 2 main tags for the same area (overlapping), just not on the same object.
You could for instance have a way tagged as school and have this same way as an outer member for a multipoligon relation which gets the shelter tags.

Cheers,
Martin