[Tagging] Specifying maxweight, when different weight limits are signed

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 31 13:51:09 UTC 2015

Looking at the photo in the original post, it looks like the categories
are a bit more specific than "hgv" - possibly articulated/semitrailers
vs. drawbar trailers, possibly based on the number of axles. What is the
proper/legal defintion of the vehicle categories that the symbols
represent?

Don't know if such a thing exists in the US but in Europe we sometimes
see a limit on the weight-per-axle. Close-coupled axles (with minimal
distance between the wheels/axles) are counted as a single axle.

//colin