[Tagging] RFD Camp ground Kitchens and their fittings

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 09:10:13 UTC 2015

On 1/02/2015 7:47 PM, Dave Swarthout wrote:
> There is much that needs to be done to bring OSM up to speed regarding
> camping facilities IMO. We have only a very few tags
> tourism=camp_site, tourism=caravan_site, and in a stretch,
> leisure=summer camp to describe the myriad of facilities out there.
>
> AFAIK, there is no way to distinguish a primitive camp site from one
> that caters to motorized tourists, or one that offers kitchen
> facilities to customers. In New Zealand many campgrounds have a shared
> kitchen area, which they refer to as an "ablution block", that
> includes assorted pots and pans and a source of hot water. A very nice
> feature indeed.

? Umm according to wiki and corresponds to my understanding abolition is
cleaning oneself. So showers? Nothing to do with preparing or cooking
food.. They couldbe in the same structure .. but an abolition block may
not have food facilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ablution
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ablution

> I don't have any suggestions but want to wish you luck on getting your
> tagging resolved.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Thanks.