[Tagging] patron saints

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:13:36 UTC 2015

> Isn't there an "official" dedication for a given japanese place of
worship?
Some has 1 official (main) dedication.
Some has plural dedication as official.

e.g. Katori Jingu Shrine = 経津主大神 (Futsunushi-no-Kami)
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%A6%99%E5%8F%96%E7%A5%9E%E5%AE%AE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katori_Shrine

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%B5%8C%E6%B4%A5%E4%B8%BB%E7%A5%9E
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futsunushi

> Wikidata & Notability
Each Japanese shrine has always their dedication god(s).
Even pretty small shrine (such as wayside_shrine) has.

If we use wikidata, Notability of Wikipedia might be problematic.
Maybe it is better to make a brand new dataset for this purpose. (too
heavy, indeed)

> Sorry that I missed your proposal.
Do not mind :)
Let's make better approach together!

> I think that when it gets really that complex, it's best to create a
> wikidata item for the shrine (and probably a Wikpedia page as well, I guess
> at least on ja.WP they are noteworthy enough to deserve a page), then
> simply refer to that using the wikidata tag itself.
>
> and maybe a comma delimited list of wikidata Q-refs in the
> dedication:wikidata tag, for people who want to rely on only OSM data for
> statistics purposes.
>
> Jo

>> +1 to use wikidata.
>> I had once thinking about same purpose. :)
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/enshrine
>>
>> But many place of worship in Japanese have multiple dedication gods.
>> And when we would like to express using semi-colon (;),
>> multi-lingual approach would be fail into complex array.
>>
>> e.g.
>> If a shrine dedicates 3 gods.
>> in Japanese Kanji = 天照大御神; 月讀命; 素戔嗚尊
>> in English = Amaterasu-Oomikami; Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto; Susanoo-no-Mikoto
>>
>> And each gods has "loc_name", "alt_name", or alternated writings.
>> I was thinking about "dedication:N" (like Addr:N) once, but it is a bit
>> troublesome.

>>> the correct term in French is "bienheureux ou bienheureuse, le
>>> qualificatif donné à une personne qui a été béatifiée"
>>> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9atification
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Martin

>> --