[Tagging] Access restrictions for shoulder lanes?

AYTOUN RALPH ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 2 15:03:04 UTC 2015

Now your question is a lot clearer.
The highway=motorway already implies that there is two or more lanes plus
an emergency hard shoulder, but this does not apply to other highways. The
only other tag is the highway=escape which is something completely
different.
I am not aware of any other tag that may fit your requirement. It would
depend on how prevalent this feature is as to whether it is something to
consider and whether it will lead to people adding it to motorways as well.