[Tagging] Access restrictions for shoulder lanes?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 3 11:18:01 UTC 2015

That's an easy one: shoulder=yes. Access=breakdown or access=emergency
wouldn't answer your question unambiguously either. Are you concerned
about the name ("which lane is called the shoulder?") or the function
("which lane should I dump the car in if it breaks down?" or "can I use
this lane if my car is dying?")?

On 2015-02-03 12:03, Martin Vonwald wrote:

> Hi!

> On 2/3/15 4:36 AM, Colin Smale wrote:
> Then they are access=no (with foot=yes or whatever as appropriate) or barrier=boulder. The way is blocked both for emergency services and mere mortals. No need for access=emergency. then how do you create a routing engine for use by emergency vehicles?
> think it through, please, think it through.

+1
Although I wouldn't even think that far. I just want to know which lane
is the shoulder. The tag access=no doesn't tell me anything about that.

Best regards,
Martin

Links:
------