[Tagging] Wiki on amenity=waste_disposal Rewrite?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:45:48 UTC 2015

On 3/02/2015 5:03 PM, David Bannon wrote:

> In the context where this discussion came up, camp_sites, I'd suggest
> waste=chemical_toilet is the one we are interested in. The
> waste=excrement mentions boat. Boat facilities are distinctly different,
> usually relying on a large hose connecting the two tanks and a pump.
>
> Chemical_toilets (in my experience) are a concrete 'bowl' about half a
> square metre where the material in question is either poured or pumped.
>
> Should we start by improving the documentation there ?
>
> David

There is no documentation of the waste= values .. if you want to add
them go ahead. Anything there would be an improvement.

I check on the UK terms for chemical toilets ..
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/gettingstarted/campingequipment/toilets/

They use "On a campsite this will probably be marked as a Chemical
Disposal Point or CDP. On some sites, it might appear as an Elsan
Point." Elsan sounds like a trade name or manufacture. So I'd include CDP.

Oh .. note their use of campsite too. Not camp ground. Lots of power in
words.