[Tagging] Wiki on amenity=waste_disposal Rewrite?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:30:28 UTC 2015

On 4/02/2015 9:38 AM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> I think "dump station" is probably intended to refer to facilities
> intended to receive the sewage from chemical toilets on board
> recreational vehicles, and from man-portable chemical toilets
> (basically a bucket with a seat and a tight-fitting lid). These
> concrete chemical toilets you describe would be a facility of the
> campground, and a "honey truck" would come to them, rather than the
> toilets being transported to a dump station.
>
> --
> John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Dump_Station

Status = abandoned! No one is using it. But I agree it was intended for
this use.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dwaste_disposal

Status - In use. And it has the capability of being used for the same
intended use of 'Dump_Station'

Going with the voters/mappers you'd have to agree 'waste_disposal wins?

Complication: waste_disposal rendering will have to be left upto the sub
key 'waste=' to get the information across.