[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - temperature

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 23:32:02 UTC 2015

> <begin rant>
> I also think Americans, and I am one, need to get over the use of degrees F and the old inch/foot/mile system. It's stupid and anachronistic to base the units of length on the length of "the king's thumb", or whatever. Continuing to make exceptions for them is only perpetuating their intransigence.
> <end rant>

+1

Although many americans enjoy F for their daily lives (and I like the finer gradation in temperature in the “comfortable human zone (~50-100) “ - Americans are used to seeing and using C in scientific settings and international projects - so as long as the tag has proper documentation (and a proper label for the search term in  the renderers), then there should be no confusion in using Celsius.

Even university libraries are switching to A4 paper to deal with international of documents (rather than relying on letter or legal).

- An American adapting to Celsius in Japan

Javbw