[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 12:08:14 UTC 2015

> On Feb 6, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> This seems to have a bit of overlap with information to a large extent.  Most have tourism information for the area they're located and vicinity and can provide a lot of the same stuff as a general tourism information office would.  They just also rent space to park an RV (or even an RV or cabin), or throw up a tent.

-1

information is a place to get information, usually tourist information.

Where to actually go to register for your space / hotel room / name badge / visitor check-in / visitor-checkout is a very different concept than an info kiosk or tourist info desk.

Most large train stations have information booths. but its different than the ticketing window.

Most hotels have a large reception desk. the information booth outside for tourists passing by is a information point.

a reception desk at a hotel also has the ability to order food, but we would not confuse that with a restaurant.

considering the phase “reception” is so widely used int he hospitality industry, and it can also be used for check-in at a motel, camp, or other corporate facility that handles visitors along with the working staff (like a big company office or complex where one building or space is designated reception for the visitors.

It seems like a good idea to have the amenity.