[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 21:06:27 UTC 2015

Reception is used for tourists, but also is common for any large office complex or even a industrial plant.

People visiting the plant (for work related activities) would go to reception, check in, and get a visitors badge.

I think there is a difference between a person on vacation and a product rep having an appointment at a car parts plant, but both have reception.

Since the object is part of another object - a hotel, office, etc - it is an amenity of the building, whose purpose is tourism.

But people visiting a factory complex and looking for visitor check-in aren't really tourists, are they?

I think amenity is the right key.

Javbw