[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:41:17 UTC 2015

>> Amenity is the best fit for this tag.
>

> I disagree. (Usually that just means "I didn't find anything better")

+1
"Amenity" is very vague in general (), and a lot of things can be
marked as such. So I'd prefer to use it only when it's an obvious
choice or there is nothing better.
What about using "office"?
I was also surprised to discover that there was not key for "booth" in
OSM. (And of course all currently available booths ended in "amenity"
:) ) Shall we maybe introduce it?

> As
> this tag is always going to be used within another entity I think we should
> rather look towards something like indoor tagging or other subtags. In
> addition using amenity for reception desk would for example prevent you from
> placing it on the node of the amenity and use one node for both.

Not to defend the amenity key, but I wonder if there is a need to tag
the reception if the whole object (including the reception) deserves
just a single node.

Cheers,
Kotya