[Tagging] Tram tracks running in a road

Luca Sigfrido Percich luca.percich at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:02:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

many thanks for all your feedback! It will take me a week to sort it all
out! :)

In Milano we already have (nearly) all the tram traks drawn as distinct
ways, so switching back to the "single way for highway and railway" model
wouldn't be a good option - it would mean losing detail.

I understand that drawing the road as a precise centerline and giving it
correct width tags has a value of its own and would allow us to dynamically
establish the relationship between roads and railway, not to mention a
better rendering and modeling.

But for the sake of "explicit is better than implicit" I still have the
impression that we should also use a tag or two for saying that there is a
tram track in a road.

Sig