[Tagging] Access restrictions for shoulder lanes?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Feb 9 10:39:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 06.02.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Bryce Nesbitt:
> > In the USA occasional sections of even Interstate highways are open to
> > bicycles,
> > where no equivalent route exists. There's some argument to tag these as
> > bike paths to avoid the tag soup of lanes,
> > and ensure the (unusual) situation is perfectly clear.
>
> Why is bicycle=yes and motorroad=no not enough ?

Well, the concept of a motorroad, to the best of my knowledge, isn't a
concept that exists legally anywhere in the US and I doubt very many people
in the US (save for people on this list or who have some windshield time in
the EU, and possibly not even then) even know what a motorroad is; this
would be a misapplication of the tag.