[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - temperature

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:00:32 UTC 2015

On 12/02/2015 7:30 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd add the tag to any node where I thought the temperature important,
>> significant and I knew the temperature .. even if only subjective .. such as
>> hot.  If the temperature changes .. then I'd leave the temperature tag off
>> until sub tags are available for that.
> Right.
> Could you illustrate the intention with some specific node numbers?
> Some specific examples might help clarify the tagging needs, and point
> out missing values.

Why is a node needed? Here some samples..

A shower node 3345445913 in this case

amenity=shower
temperature=adjustable

A number of taps I've added e.g.

man_made=water_tap
temperature=ambient

Nodes? node 3300039448, node 3345450446 one drinking the other not.

Want more samples .. why not make them up?

amenity=shower
temperature=ambient

man_made=water_tap
temperature=hot