[Tagging] route=running

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 14 14:23:22 UTC 2015

Am 13.02.2015 um 11:19 schrieb Andreas Labres:
> On 05.02.15 06:44, Andreas Labres wrote:
>> Would it be O.K. to add route=running to the Wiki?
>
> I'd also need a value for nordic walking routes, could this be route=nordic_walking?

What is the difference between a nordic_walking and a running route ?
Does it really matter or am I only allowed to run/walk along with sticks
in my hand ?

While I understand that we need tags for running <-> nordic_walking <->
fitness_trail we might think about one category and an additional tag.

> Here is an example of the signpost for a running and a walking route:
>
> http://www.bad.tatzmannsdorf.at/typo3temp/yag/11/1130x505827a8921.jpg
>
> www.laufarena.at gives details of the routes in that area.
>
> running:
>    L11 Panoramalauf
>    L12 Höhenweg
>    L13 Wechselblick
>    L14 Wendepunktstrecke Golfplatz
>    L15 Tschabachrunde
>    L16 Neustiftrunde
>    L17 Aufwärmrunde
>    L18 Resortrunde
>    L19 Drumlingrunde
>
> nordic walking:
>    W11 Friedensweg
>    W12 Panoramarunde
>    W13 Hianzenweg
>    W14 Quellenweg
>    W15 Moorweg
>    W16 Bernsteinweg

By the way the type=route wiki page [1] first lists foot and later talks
about hiking.

Thought foot is a higher category and we might difference between hiking
and walking.

Cheers fly

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route