[Tagging] maxwidth vs. maxwidth:physical vs. width

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:17:36 UTC 2015

> if there was something tagged like (example made up):
>> barrier=bollard
>> width=0.2m
>> maxwidth=1.2m
>>

> What about maxwidth:physical in this example?

Like I wrote above:
I'd expect the width to be the width of the bollard and maxwidth the (in
theory "legal") width of the vehicle that can pass through (e.g. number
taken by reading off a sign) and you might want to add
maxwidth:physical=1.22m (the actual maximum width of a vehicle or person
that can pass through).

If there were
maxwidth=1.2
and
maxwidth:physical=1.22 tagged (e.g.), I'd expect the 1.2 coming off a sign
and the 1.22 being measured.

Cheers,
Martin