[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:46:21 UTC 2015

> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>>:
>
>     A proposal for a new high level tag of .. Rubbish :-)
>
>     https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features_key%3Drubbish
>
>     At present there as a number of 'waste' values under the amenity key.
>

> sorry for commenting a bit late on this.
>
> If I saw a tag like
>
> rubbish=transfer_station
>
> I would maybe expect a broken transfer station or something similar.
>

> A key should somehow describe what is tagged, i.e. which property, or
> what kind of object, but if I understand your proposal right, you want
> to tag an ashtray with rubbish=cigarettes, and with
> rubbish=transfer_station a facility? IMHO this is mixing up concepts.
>
> Using "rubbish" as an attribute and have a scheme such as (just an
> example):
>
> amenity=generic_waste_disposal
>
> and add then
> rubbish=cigarettes (i.e. ashtray)
>
> rubbish=oil (a place to put old oil)
>
> etc., i.e. using this as an attribute.
>

> This is also introducing the problem, that you will have to know
> whether your used materials/trash will get recycled or otherwise
> "brought away" (incinerated or buried etc.).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Moved on while you weren't looking. .. see
[Tagging] Waste_collection - a new Feature Proposal - RFC

though it has no page as yet..

waste-collection= .. is a fair description for most waste/rubbish points
that are mapped and also covers recycling .. as it is waste and is
usually collected for the mapped point.