[Tagging] high mobile masts on man_made=mast

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:21:56 UTC 2015

Am 17.02.2015 um 01:07 schrieb Warin:
> On 16/02/2015 11:33 PM, fly wrote:
>> Be careful some mast as support for wind generators might be entered.
>>
>> Thought antenna vs mast might be a problem but not mast vs tower.

Should have added some picture. Please have a look at the pictures on
[1] and [2]:

> An antenna is not a mast nor a tower, just as a wind generator is not a
> mast nor a tower. They may be mounted on top of a mast of tower .. but
> they are not towers nor masts themselves.

Never said that a antenna nor a wind generator are masts or towers but
if you want to tag the support=* we sill need to distinguish.

> ---------------------
> I like the easy distinction between mast and tower by the guy wires. If
> it is technically correct ..

-1

> Some structures (masts?) supported by guy wires, have internal ladders
> .. for maintenance of the supported item.

+1

Is there any difference considering the foundation of the structure ?
Towers usually have one and mast not ?

Cheers fly

[1] https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selbststrahlender_Sendemast
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_radiator