[Tagging] Nominatim mysteries

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:44:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

According to ticket 5278
<https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5278>that I filed, the problem is
that translation is WYSI*N*WYG.
An unknown person has to "kick off" the update at unknown times of which
we just know that they are rare.  Plus, "the actual search is a bit more
forgiving [than what you write]".

Moreover, I don't understand in the reply "The ones with operator 'in'
on the other hand are necessary", nor why "in" is used all over the file
beside "-" when the spec says:
" '-' means 'any' " [in Boolean "in" or "near"].

Won't fix, don't expect to check your updates, usual fuzziness, I added
a warning to the specs to at least spare people's time.

Cheers

André.