[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Feb 17 22:56:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 10:30 -0800, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> OK, then lets write up a formal proposal. As I said, I'm not opposed,
> just sceptical that it will succeed.
>
> Do you propose something like -
> amenity=dump_station
> dump_station=fee

You can recycle all sorts of existing tags, there is no need to invent new
ones:

amenity=dump_station
fee=yes
last_check:fee=2015-01-01
opening_hours=24/7
operator=Happy Camper Campground
brand=
website=
dump_station:rinse_water=no
wheelchair=yes
payment:credit_cards=yes
payment:bitcoin=yes
note=24/7 access with credit card, else pay bitcoin or cash at the store
during opening hours.
phone=+15105551212

And look at the other dump station websites (http://www.sanidumps.com/ )
 to see what they collect.

Best would be to have an open source icon in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic)
format.
And support is best in JOSM, iD, and the OSM Carto Stylesheet.