[Tagging] Deprecating aerialway=goods

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:27:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:49 PM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:aerialway#Usage

-1

I don't like such general keys like "usage" (or "type") in general.
Basically, it could be used in all tags (e.g. highway=yes +
usage=residential). It's not because it is now spread in railways that
we have to repeat the same mistake (how about mixed usage ? again with
the semicolon joke ?).
An aerialway for goods is not the same as an aerialway for skiers.
Until now, we use different values based on the different
cabins/cars/lifts type. Perhaps instead of "goods" it could be
replaced by "fork" or "container" or "container_for_goods", just
enhancing the existing list following the same principle.

Pieren