[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=
bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Feb 18 19:15:12 UTC 2015
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com>
> How long can this discussion continue?
Let's try approaching this a different way: what are some reasons for _not_
> adopting this tag? I don't buy into the notion that there are too many
> amenity tags. A dump_station is just as much an amenity as a toilet or a
> parking place.
Steps to make this happen:
* Make a proposal wiki page.
* Find an open source icon.
* Conduct a wiki vote.
* Start tagging.
* (Controversial) find existing dump stations tagged other ways, and if you
can find supporting documentation,update the tagging.
* File a JOSM issue report on a preset
* File an iD issue report about a preset
* File a P2 issue report about a preset
* Continue tagging
* Push for rendering support in appropriate maps, especially the default
* Seek out communities of RV'ers or others interested in mapping additional
* Seek out communities of POI mappers interested in shifting to OSM.
* Search park maps for dump stations and (if government documents in your
country are open source compatible) copy the locations.
* Go on a trip. Map what you find.
Remember that OSM tags are based on UK English. dump_station should be
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging