[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:waste_collection

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:09:31 UTC 2015

After over a week of comments on the proposal of a new key rubbish= ..
this is the replacement by a new proposal for the new key:
waste_collection.

The same points for this proposal exist as for the key:rubbish .. but
with a better name.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/waste_collection

    Rationale

There are lost of types of waste_collection, including recycling .. and
it may become difficult to mange them all under other top level tags.
Most require a different rendering to identify the feature, and so a
higher level tag would aid this.It would also assist the map editing
tools to better organise presets for waste collection.

    Usage

Covering an assortment of community facilities for the collection of
waste. I have listed some 27 different suggested values, these would be
subject to further discussion.

Comments should close in 2 weeks .. minimum time for RFC. As there has
been immediately past comments on this subject under the name 'rubbish'
I think the minimum time is suitable. So voting should start  March and
possibly finish 19 March.