[Tagging] RFC aerialway=zip line

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 04:42:01 UTC 2015

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 7:51 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  Your words 'dangerous' immediately brought to mind ...
> There is an 'adult' playground in Manash, South Australia ... there have been a number of adult deaths there ..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash,_South_Australia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash,_South_Australia>
>
> It has been a while since I was last there .. they now have a flying fox... I do remember the slippery slide .. umm 20 m vertical height.. the human powered roller coaster.. lots of things .. I'd not let kids play there without supervision (if they were under my care).  I wonder if it is mapped ? No.. I go do that now.

Any time I hear “Dangerous theme park” I think of reading about this place. It’s wiki entry and a couple other descriptions on the web make for hilarious reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park>

Action Parks downfall was the rise of liability lawsuits in the US, and for this place it seems justified.

And my “dangerous” is in scare quotes, because every single fun thing in a playground for a 10 year old in the US has been removed due to liability concerns - large jungle gyms, long slides, anything with more than a meter or two drop - It’s so pathetic. I’m still in awe with what (quite old) playground equipment is still kept up here in Japan - including really long roller slides (like the ones for moving boxes) and plastic lined speed slides on hills, which would have been torn out in the US with the first sprained ankle.

Javbw