[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - parking=storage: additional values for key parking

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:18:34 UTC 2015

Thanks, this makes much sense.

   - I will update the proposal  to use the key covered instead of
   different values for the type of storage
   - I will also change car to vehicle covering caravans, boats, etc. as
   well
   - I agree that amenity or shop would be better that parking as the
   typical characteristics differ from a regular parking and you would not
   choose for the facility if you look for long time parking at an airport:
      - Storing and retrieving is often by appointment only ( a few days in
      advance)
      - Focus is on best capacity use, not on easy access: you may not be
      allowed to park your vehicle yourself and it may be needed to move 5
      vehicles before yours can be reached
      - Oten additional services are provided: disconnecting and connecting
      batteries, monthly starting, small service jobs
   - Amenity is better than shop: most shops are not delivering a service,
   but goods only; this is comparable with other types of parking

Regards,

Jan van Bekkum