[Tagging] building=yes on nodes?

AYTOUN RALPH ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 20 20:53:17 UTC 2015

In a discussion with Ivan Gayton of MSF on this subject and his view on the
humanitarian angle is....they prefer the "area" to be shown rather than the
node. They use the area in estimating the number of occupants (for which
they have worked out an average table for the areas they require). So
wherever possible and where the imagery allows, they would prefer the roof
area to be mapped ... round or squared. Also for navigation purposes it is
easier to identify an L-shaped or rectangular building from it's
orientation than a node with no shape or orientation. So I would say that
using a node for buildings should only be a last resort and not a norm
please.