[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - parking=storage: additional values for key parking

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Feb 21 23:04:50 UTC 2015

Storage and long term parking are subtly different - and LTP is definitely a part of parking.

AFAIK, long term storage has the assumption that a: you are a traveller in some respect, and the amenity is usually near transportation facilities

B: you will come back sometime, once possibly unspecified,

C And then You will leave, and the use of the facility is over.

So LTP is for temporary storage of a vehicle, when you leave the contract is up, and it returns home with you.

Storage is the opposite - the item's home is the storage company/lot. It "lives" there. You remove it temporarily for usage and then it returns "back home" to the storage yard. Leaving the storage yard is not the end of the storage contract - there is the assumption that the item will return, and until there is a change, the item will perpetually live there.

Javbw