[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:waste_collection

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 22 00:47:52 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-21 at 23:55 +0100, Marc Gemis wrote:
> Over here, there is a clear difference between recycling containers
> and waste bins.

> Don't think it would make mapping easier, as I said I already think of
> recycling vs. waste, so looking for recycling under waste is not
> natural for me.

Marc, I think that's probably sensible but suggest the rest of the world
is not quite so mature. For most people, "disposal" is the key issue, be
it rubbish or recyclables. More and more, when they get to the disposal
site, they put what they can in the recycle bins. Good !

But primary action is to "dispose". So I think we need to think the same
way, recycling and rubbish linked. It does mean, IMHO that some existing
tags need to be depreciated, its the cost of getting a high level waste
tag. And we do really need to recognise that generation of waste is
associated with most human activity, we need to deal with it.

David