[Tagging] tagging very wide steps - highway=steps on an area?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:50:22 UTC 2015

On 27/02/2015 8:41 PM, dkiselev at osm.me wrote:
> 27.02.2015, 14:33, "Warin" <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
>>   On an architectural drawing, a stairway arrow points upwards.
>>
>>   As specified in international standard ISO 6790 .. and copied in British Standards B.S. 1192 ... Australian/New Zealand Standards ANZS 1100... and probably in American Standards ..
>>
>>   Google "ISO drawing standard stairway arrow"  The above standards numbers come from the google search .. it may just be the primary number .. with further sections that would need to be looked up for the extended number for the precise stairway up arrow specification.
>>
>>   OSM should follow established standards when available.
>
> It may be a good practice to align our steps ways accordingly common architectural drawing practices,
> but I'm afraid, that there is only a tiny bit of stairwas mapped accordingly to this standards for now.

And the longer the documentation is left open the more things will be
tagged incorrectly even with the best of intention from the mapper.

They should be tagged consistently at least, at the moment one person
does it one way, another the other way.  There is no direction from the
documentation so it is a free for all.

Very poor OSM.