[Tagging] bridge=movable?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Feb 27 12:50:19 UTC 2015

On 27.02.2015 13:05, Dave F. wrote:
> What's the purpose of bridge=movable?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge:movable
>
> It's good that the different types of bridge are tagged & the graphics
> are excellent, but I'm unsure why they need to be separated to a sub tag.

For many applications, it makes sense to treat all movable bridges the
same. Besides, not everyone is an expert on bridge types, but
recognizing a bridge as movable is pretty easy.

> If there is a genuine reason, then surely there should be the equivalent:
>
> bridge=static
> bridge:static=*

No, as there is no special treatment e.g. in routing for static bridges.
Besides, with how many static vs. movable bridges there are, it's kind
of the default.