[Tagging] Breakdown bays?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:22:45 UTC 2015

Did sleep one night and now think we should include bays and lanes
within the lanes:-Tagging

lanes=3
lanes:forward=2
lanes:backward=1
access:lanes:forward=yes|yes|emergency
access:lanes:backward=yes|emergency

All together I am not happy with the description of lanes=* and
lanes:*=* anymore. Where is it useful as we already do not count bicycle
lanes but do count exclusive bus or taxi lanes and even ones with access
forbidden but wide enough for motorized vehicles.

Would prefer to change lanes=* and lanes:*=* to be the numbers with
general access allowed and adding all additional lanes with access:lanes:

lanes=2
lanes:forward=1
lanes:backward=1
access:lanes:forward=yes|no|no
access:lanes:backward=yes|no
bicycle:lanes:forward=yes|designated|no
bicycle:lanes:backward=yes|yes
bus:lanes:forward=yes|no|designated
bus:lanes:backward=yes|designated
taxi:lanes:backward=yes|yes
width:lanes:forward=3|1.5|2.5
width:lanes:backward=3|3

Would be a road with forward a normal lane, a bicycle lane and either
bus bay or bus lane (depending on length) and backward a normal lane and
a bus lane with bicycle and taxi allowed.