[Tagging] hrmpf.

Rainer Fügenstein rfu at oudeis.org
Fri Jan 2 12:20:28 UTC 2015

andy,

thank your for joining this list.

S> You might be surprised.

that's nice to hear. finally, all the work may not have been in vain,
after all ;-)

S> To be clear, I don't think that anyone's criticising the change itself,
S> just the notification of it. [...] but it would still have been nice for data
S> consumers to know that the change was happening.

ever since the change from type=* to substance=* (and mount=* to
support=*) was introduced, it was clear to me that a large scale
mechanical edit of existing nodes/ways is necessary. and I am and was
aware of the MEP from an earlier occasion.

since I like to do things step by step, finishing the draft, open it
for voting, incorporation of the approved scheme into existing wiki
pages came first. the next step is the MEP, but holiday season doesn't
really speed things up. the 13 wrongly tagged nodes came to me by
chance, so I took the opportunity to change them.

I'll move the MEP to the top of my TODO list, any help with the MEP is
appreciated.

tnx & cu