[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=electronic_parts

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:45:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Rainer Fügenstein <rfu at oudeis.org> wrote:

> there is a shop nearby that exactly matches this definition. but in
> addition, it also offers repairs of TV sets, radio sets and other
> consumer electronics.
>
> In this case, presumably service=repair should be used in addition?

I don't know whether re-using service=* key is a great idea, as it's
normally used as a refinement to highway=service (Compare that with
all these type=* issues where it collides with use of type=* on
relations).
Non-medical services generally fall into shop=* key (such as
shop=hairdresser), but hey, nobody bothered to finally solve this "one
POI, many types of shops" problem. There's also craft=* but it doesn't
seem appropriate.

Michał