[Tagging] [OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Mon Jan 5 22:06:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'm saying is that I've actually not seen a diy bicycle repair
> station, but I've seen the other two and tagged one of them. It would
> be in the best interest of everybody to be as inclusive as possible in
> the basic tag so also including other sports might be usefull (I don't
> know depends on what people are tagging at this moment).

There's a lot of overlap in tools.  So if you're mountain biking, perhaps a
ski repair station would do.

That could lead to tagging like:

amenity=tools
fee=no
tools:types=tire_iron;chain_tool;ski_edge_sharpener_89_degrees;screwdrivers
tools:captive=yes

tools:intended_use=ski;bike

operator=Big Ski & Bike Resort
make_model=SuperToolStation M2000
vendor=SuperToolStation

The biggest current map of such stations seems to be this leaflet map:
http://www.dero.com/fixit-map.html

But for now I'm just trying to encourage OSM mappers to notice and map
additional locations,
using the established tagging.