[Tagging] landuse=religious and amenity=place of worship

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 00:51:04 UTC 2015

> On Jan 7, 2015, at 8:29 AM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> A while ago I had identified the following use-cases / situations,
> which I now extend and my preferred tagging to them.

+1

All sounds logical to me. Just a fountain at the mall, or car parking, or the building where they store the garbage is not directly related to commerce, it is still part of a Mall complex, so it would be landuse=retail, and similarly if it was part of a religious complex, it would be landuse=religious.

The rest of it, detailing the inclusion of POW into a retail or residential environment (there are a TON of churches that take up a spot in small strip-malls), it all sounds great - the Strip-mall and it’s landuse would still be landuse=retail, but the rented building/space are or a single node would be POW.

Javbw