[Tagging] Boundary Relations. What's a subarea used for?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:12:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> So yes, remove them if you are familiar with the mapping style in the
> area you're editing and they are indeed unusual there, but leave them in
> place if it looks like the standard operating procedure in the area.

In France, we know only one person (maybe two) how is unfortunately
very active to promote this role in boundary relations (and not only
in our country). On our ML, we had much more people asking him
repeatedly to stop it or at least use another relation but he never
accepted this. So the concept of "standard operating procedure in some
areas" has to be interpreted carefully.

Pieren