[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC: Reverse Vending Machine

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:34:24 UTC 2015

I like the proposal. In Germany and in the Netherlands these machines
are common and it is indeed important to know where one can find the
nearest one. They are usually not operator-specific, though the
voucher they issue can be redeemed only within the operator shop (or
network).

I have no clue how these machines are called in English, but
refund_machine sounds generic enough.

Remark 1: I wonder if we also want to indicate whether the machine is
inside or outside the shop and if it is accessible outside working
hours.

Remark 2: Also some shops have multiple such machines (e.g. for glass
and plastic), and OSM tagging scheme doesn't allow assigning the same
key twice to one node. As a suggestion, we could ignore the fact that
these are two (or more) separate machines and map it as one.

Cheers,
Kotya